Bowes Construction was awarded prime contractor on the 7th and 15th street project in Brookings, South Dakota. This project consisted of two phases with original construction starting in the fall of 2021, with completion set for summers end of 2022. The first phase of the project was primarily focused on shaping the project as well as constructing proper drainage pathways. Phase one was completed before winter of 2021/2022. Items completed in phase one included.
- All water main and sanitary sewer main utilities were installed
- Detention pond, drainage channel, and storm sewer installed
- Gravel laydown
- Concrete curb, gutter, and sidewalks
- Asphalt Paving
- Backfilling disturbed areas with topsoil and seed.
Phase two was completed in the summer of 2022. This phase included the following.
- Reclamation of the roadway between the intersection of Remington Circle at 7th north to original project limits
- Installation of storm sewer
- Installation of ramps
- Asphalt paving both 7th and 15th street
The project was completed in August of 2022. Special thanks to subcontractors, Civil Design, and the City of Brookings for collaborating on this project with Bowes Construction!