Health & Safety
Bowes Construction, Inc. believes that the health and safety of our work is fundamental to our business. Our goal is to involve both management and employees in safety development, training and implementation, and to resolve health and safety problems through prevention.
BCI believes sound safety and occupational health management practices are in the best interests of its employees, its business, and the communities in which it operates.
The objective of BCI safety program is to eliminate workplace injuries/accidents, to comply with all local, state, federal, MSHA, and OSHA regulations.
The following are examples of steps taken to create a safe, productive work environment:
- Pre-employment and quarterly random drug and alcohol testing for all DOT drivers
- Review of employee and potential employees driving records
- Company training to review health and safety topics
- Preventative maintenance program for all trucks and equipment
- Regular jobsite safety inspections